Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Julie's inspiration


I have never met Julie, the woman who the movie Julie/Julia is based on but she did inspire me. What a darling movie it was - so full of humanity - disappointment, mad love, friendship, distrust and heartache. Emotions we all have encountered in life, well unless you are a lion :)


I feel inspired now to write on my blog more often and share with the friends and the world - what my thoughts, feelings and emotions are. A daring task - even for Julie when she first started. Julie has inspired me to cook. My husband and of course my family knows - I rarely cook. Why would I want to when someone else would cook for me? Now I am inspired to cook delicious gourmet meals. Last night I made "Fingerling Ghost Potatoes" and "Carrots with Dill Sauce" YUM!


We also celebrated Lexie's second birthday! Marissa made the cake - otherwise I would of had another reason to bake too : )


2 comments:

Kim Thompson said...

Now we can have neighborhood potlucks! Yeah!

Patty, as usual I love your enthusiasm and sense of daring. I will add your blog to my favorites as a follower.

Write away dear friend!

Patty Cake said...

I would love to have a neighborhood potluck, Kim! I will cook the Beef Bourguignon. YUM!